Wednesday 23 April 2014

Colourmorph of Mecynorrhina ugandensis; Japanese blue male vs green brown yellow female


Last year I cross-bred two green-brown-yellow females with a blue Japanese line male of mecynorrhina torquata ugandensis and left several larvae from these parents for myself. The larvae pupated about 2 months ago and now some of the pupae started to hatch. The result has exceeded my expectation; the beetles came out with the dark green velvety pronotum and  a dark red elytra,  with some white stripes preserved on both the pronotum and the elytra. Below is the photo of the pair of such beetles, male left, female right. Now I am wondering what body colour will have the next generation from these parents, and will I be able to get blue beetle strain back?


No comments:

Post a Comment